September 26, 2020
Here’s what to look forward to in the next five months. Note that this schedule is subject to change depending on the circumstances.
- October 9- Anime Review: Neon Genesis Evangelion
- October 13- Billboard Hot 100 Top 40 Review: October 2020
- October 16- Modern Rock Tracks Review: 2006
- October 23- Target Practice: Toni Braxton “He Wasn’t Man Enough”
- October 30- Modern Rock Tracks Review: 2007
- November 6- Anime Review: Megalo Box
- November 10- Billboard Hot 100 Top 40 Review: November 2020
- November 13- Modern Rock Tracks Review: 2008
- November 20- Target Practice: AJR “I’m Ready”
- November 27- Modern Rock Tracks Review: 2009
- December 4- Anime Review: Naruto & Naruto Shippuden
- December 8- Billboard Hot 100 Top 40 Review: December 2020
- December 18- Top 10 List: Worst Songs of 2020
- December 25- Top 10 List: Best Songs of 2020
- January 15- Top 20 Worst Number One Songs
- February 12- Top 20 Best Number One Songs
So let get get to the big news right away: I’m officially planning on retiring from music reviewing. Yeah, really. I did say before that there’s going to be a time where I’m not going to be doing this anymore and that time is quickly coming. My heart isn’t in it to do this anymore and I want to move on to the next stage of my life, which is making comic books. I’m currently working on improving myself as an artist and writer and I’m developing a comic book that I plan to release sometime next summer or fall. But there are lists that I want to do before I make my retirement official. First is the Worst and Best lists of 2020 that will continue as scheduled. Then, in the first two months of 2021, I will release two final lists and my final posts on this blog: the Worst Number One Songs list and the Best Number One Songs list. I’ll be looking back at 60+ years of Billboard history and put together the best and worst of all the songs that hit number one on the Hot 100. It is unfortunate that I won’t be doing this any longer, but my heart and mindset has shifted to a new passion and I wish the best for the new generation of music reviewers. To longtime readers, I thank all of you for keeping me going this long. As for new readers, well, you got hundreds of posts that you can read up on, so have fun with that.
That’s all the updates I have for now. Stay classy, you lovely people.